Executive in Residence in the Pratt School of Engineering
Dr. Lenz is an experienced executive, lecturer, and scholar in the field of banking and capital markets.
Jimmie is the Director of the Master of Engineering in FinTech and the Master of Engineering in Cybersecurity at the Pratt School, teaching Machine Learning, Blockchain, financial innovation, and financial products and services. He has a secondary appointment as the Irene and Frank Salerno Visiting Professor of Financial Economics, and leads the Digital Asset Research and Engineering Collaborative (DAREC).
Starting his career as an equity and derivatives trader over 25 years ago, Jimmie found he reveled in fast moving atmospheres that required both strategic thought and the ability to take immediate action. His successes propelled him into a number of senior management roles within the finance community including leading an NYSE broker dealer with foreign and domestic operations, Chief Risk Officer and Chief Credit Officer at a top three broker dealer, and the Head of Predictive Analytics for one of the largest Wealth Management firms in the US.
Global financial services firms and exchanges have engaged Jimmie to address issues related to strategy, analytics application, risk mitigation, and business efficiencies. This in-depth understanding of the capital markets industry has allowed him to provide crucial perspectives in foreign and domestic regulatory matters, including the presentation of findings to the Security and Exchange Commission.
Jimmie holds an undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina, a Master of Science in Finance from Washington University in Saint Louis, and Doctor of Business Administration-Finance from Washington University’s Olin Business School. Jimmie currently serves on the Board of Directors of Horizen Blockchain Foundation and as an Advisor to REIN insurance. He frequently speaks and publishes on topics leveraging innovation, Machine Learning, Blockchain, and quantitative analysis and has a number of pending patents related to his work.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Executive in Residence in the Pratt School of Engineering
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.B.A. Washington University in St. Louis, 2016
- CYBERSEC 501: Seminar
- CYBERSEC 504: Introductory Residency
- CYBERSEC 505: Mid-Program Residency
- CYBERSEC 590: Advanced Topics in Cybersecurity
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- FINTECH 501: Financial Technology Seminar
- FINTECH 502: FinTech Capstone
- FINTECH 504: Introductory Residency
- FINTECH 505: Mid-Program Residency
- FINTECH 506: Concluding Residency
- FINTECH 512: Software Engineering for FinTech
- FINTECH 520: Financial Institution Products & Services
- FINTECH 522: Asset Pricing and Risk Management
- FINTECH 536: Robo-Advising: The Future of Investing?
- FINTECH 540: Machine Learning for FinTech
- FINTECH 545: Quantitative Risk Management
- FINTECH 550: Emerging Trends for FinTech
- FINTECH 552: FinTech Business Models
- FINTECH 564: Blockchain
- FINTECH 565: Advanced Blockchain - Smart Contacts and Solidity Coding
- FINTECH 590: Advanced Topics in Financial Technology
- FINTECH 591: Special Readings in Financial Technology
- MENG 550: Master of Engineering Internship/Project
- MENG 551: Master of Engineering Internship/Project Assessment
- MENG 552: Master of Engineering Supplemental Internship